Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Currently our MW or Chicago books are being handled jointly by our Milton Controller and 2 Senior accountants from different locations and we are looking for a fulltime employee in our Brooklyn location to handle the accounting.
- The individual needs to handle the monthly close from soup to nuts. This include and not limited to the journal entries, bank reconciliations, intercompany eliminations for AP and AR, accruals, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, inventory, financial account analysis.
- There are 2 annual audits we need the individual to participate
- Annual financial audit with our CPA firm in late January-early February.
- PNC Bank Audit in Apr-May. We have a revolving loan commitment that we borrow daily and a monthly reconciliation due the 15th of the following month. The Audit is conducted for all our locations and the bank is auditing our collateral (AR, Cash, Inventory) and our payables to support the $45M loan we have.
- Annual Budget- based on financials from the previous year factoring trends, historical data, identification of fixed and variable cost, etc.
- Participation in YE physical inventory in NY, NJ, and MW.
- Preparation of our Quarterly IFTA Tax Returns-Mileage tax on travel between states outside of ILL.
- Preparation of our YE 1099s for our Sales Brokers and other independent contractors.
- Backup to AP: AP is currently handled by one individual and she has handled AP for a number of years. She maybe retiring soon and we have a dire need for a backup. One of our major needs in accounting is cross-training of different areas.
- Transitioning to SAP. We are currently using AFS, a system that houses our AR, AP, Inventory, Accounting system.
Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree or higher is required.
- Experience working for a Manufacturer / Distributor needed.
- Versed in Excel (Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, Filtering, Sorting)
- Good communication skills verbally and written. Email is our main source for communicating one on one and in groups within the company and with our different locations, outsiders.
- Ability to handle pressure, meet deadlines, and ownership of responsibilities.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
NO RELOCATION PACKAGES, VISA’S OR SPONSORSHIPS BEING OFFERED.
Job Category: Accounting
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brooklyn